KRST-FM, KOBQ-FM, and KKOB-AM/FM’s “Chevy spark giveaway” Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station KRST-FM, KOBQ-FM, KKOB-AM/FM (each a “Station” and collectively “Stations”), owned and operated by Cumulus Radio LLC, 500 4th St NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the KRST-FM, KOBQ-FM, and KKOB-AM/FM’s “Chevy spark giveaway” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, excluding dual Florida and New York residents, age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from the Station in the last 30 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the 6 months, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station in the last 30 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the 60 days. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cumulus Radio LLC, its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 5:01am MT on February 3, 2020 and will run through 5:59pm MT on March16, 2020 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. To enter:
- KRST-FM On-Air: Listen to the Station weekdays from 2:00pm to 7:00pm MT from February 3, 2020 to February 28, 2020. When the Station plays the “cue-to-call” sounder, listeners should call the Station at 505-243-9292. Caller nine (9) to the Station, as determined by the Station in its sole discretion, will be qualified to win at the Finale Event (as defined below).
- KOBQ-FM On-Air: Listen to the Station from 6:00am to 10:00am MT from February 3, 2020 to February 28, 2020. When the Station plays the “cue-to-call” sounder, listeners should call the Station at 505-843-9393. Caller nine (9) to the Station, as determined by the Station in its sole discretion, will be qualified to win at the Finale Event.
- KKOB-AM On-Air: Listen to the Station from 5:00am to 10:00am MT from February 3, 2020 to February 7, 2020 and February 17, 2020 to February 21, 2020 and from 3:00pm to 6:00pm MT from February 10, 2020 to February 14, 2020 and February 24, 2020 to February 28, 2020. When the Station plays the “cue-to-call” sounder, listeners should call the Station at 505-243-3333. Caller nine (9) to the Station, as determined by the Station in its sole discretion, will be qualified to win at the Finale Event.
There will be up to sixty (60) on-air Qualifiers in this Contest.
Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished.
- On-site: Visit any of Melloy Los Lunas dealerships (Melloy Ford, Melloy Chevrolet, and Melloy Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram) all located on Emilio Lopez Road in Los Lunas, NM during regular business hours and complete an entry form. All on-site entries must be received by 6:59pm MT on March 15, 2020. Limit one (1) entry per person per location. Up to one hundred twenty (120) on-site Qualifiers will be selected for the Finale Event in this Contest.
- Winner Selection. Each weekday from February 3, 2020 to February 28, 2020, Stations will play one (1) cue to call during each of the time frames listed above. Caller nine (9) as announced by Stations will be qualified for the Finale Event. On or about 10:00am MT on March 16, 2020, Station will select one hundred twenty (120) entries to qualify for the Finale Event from all valid entries received by Station during the Contest Period. Listeners may attend the drawing at Melloy Ford located at 499 Emilio Lopez Road, Los Lunas, NM 87031. The qualifying entrants will be contacted using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry no later than 5:00pm MT on March 18, 2020. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification.
The Finale Event will be on Saturday, March 21, 2020 at Melloy Ford (499 Emilio Lopez Road, Los Lunas, NM 87031). All qualifiers must check in with Station between 12:00pm and 1:30pm MT with a valid ID that matches the name on the entry. All qualifiers not checked in and present by 1:30pm MT will be disqualified. Upon check-in, each qualifier will receive two (2) identically numbered raffle tickets, keeping one (1) and placing the matching ticket in the raffle drum. On or about 2:00pm MT, Station will conduct a reverse drawing. As each ticket is pulled from the drum, the qualifier with the matching ticket is eliminated. The final ticket remaining in the drumwill win the Grand Prize (as defined below). The winning entrant will be notified at the time of the drawing and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Contest. The Grand Prize is a 2020 Chevrolet Spark vehicle, vehicle tax and fees (title, license, and registration), and dealer transfer fee. ARV Sixteen Thousand Forty Eight Dollars ($16,048). Insurance and maintenance are the responsibility of the winner. Winner is responsible for all taxes (including all taxes beyond the vehicle’s tax, title, license and registration) associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Media New Holdings, Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Cumulus Radio LLC, KRST-FM, KOBQ-FM, KKOB-AM/FM, 500 4th St NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102, and Melloy Los Lunas, 499 Emilio Lopez Rd, Los Lunas, NM 87031.